The Valley County Wozab Foundation Fund Board of Directors will be accepting grant requests for funds from the John J. & Alyce L. Wozab Trust Foundation. Applications will be available beginning Wednesday, February 6, 2013. The deadline for filing applications is Friday, March 15, 2013. Note: the application form has been updated and the old form will not be accepted.
Criteria: For any philanthropic or public purpose within Valley County, including Ord, Arcadia, North Loup and Elyria, Nebraska, as the Valley County Wozab Foundation Fund Board shall determine meritorious.
Examples of uses the Wozabs intended are as follows:
1. Assist in maintaining the food pantries in Arcadia, North Loup, Elyria and Ord.
2. Assist the Senior Citizen Centers in such communities when necessary.
3. Assist in the American Legion Baseball programs with the purchase of equipment such as balls, bats, gloves and uniforms, and other equipment as needed.
4. Assist Legion Posts and the VFW Posts in their programs which benefit the public.
5. Assist the County Nursing Home and Hospital in the procurement of equipment or other needs which are not provided by other County Funds.
6. Assist local County churches in their various programs which benefit the County.
7. Assist in the event of a natural disaster, such as a tornado or flood, with such assistance as the residents of Valley County need for food, clothing and other similar necessities of life.
Fund awards will be limited to $5,000.00 per request, one request per organization.
Applications for Assistance are available at the office of Jenette G. Lindsey, County Clerk, 125 South 15th Street, Courthouse, Ord NE 68862, Telephone No. 728-3700.