After multiple severe winter storms, more than 270 blood drives cancelled and over 9,500 units of blood and platelet donations were not collected in the first two weeks of March. The need for blood remains no matter the weather with cancer patients, those undergoing surgery, trauma patients and many others.
Volunteer blood donors from across the country are needed to help ensure lifesaving blood products are available to patients this spring. You can make an appointment to donate blood by downloading the free RED CROSS BLOOD DONOR APP, visiting RedCrossBlood.org or calling 1-800-REDCROSS (1-800-733-2767).
Upcoming blood donations opportunities:
- Broken Bow – 3/28/18: 2 PM – 7 PM, Municipal Building, 314 S. 10th
- Hyannis – 4/3/18: 9 AM – 3 PM, Winters Building, 300 South Main
- Spalding – 3/29/18: 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM, Spalding City Auditorium, St. Joseph Ave.
- Bassett – 4/2/18: 12 PM – 6 PM, Bassett United Methodist Church, 300 W Florence
- Arcadia – 3/27/18: 9 AM – 2 PM, Arcadia Public Schools, 320 W. Owens St.