American Red Cross is calling for donors to give blood regularly to be prepared to meet the needs of patients in emergency situation.
According to the National Trauma Institute, trauma accounts for approximately 41 million emergency department visits and 2 million hospital admissions each year.
Kevin Frame who suffered from life-threatening injuries in a head on collision during spring break says, “Without the blood and plasma made available from donors, I would not be alive today to continue my rehabilitation journey.”
Regular blood, platelet and plasma donations help ensure that blood is available at a moment’s notice. In fact, it is the blood on the shelves that is used to help save lives at the time of an accident or sudden illness.
Donors of all blood types are urged to roll up their sleeve’s this may to help meet the need of trauma patients and other s with serious medical conditions. Make an appointment to donate blood blood by downloading the free Red Cross Blood Donor App, visiting RedCrossBlood.org or calling 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
All those who come to donate from April 9 to May 13, 2018, will be entered to win one of three $1,000 gift cards to a national home improvement retailer, courtesy of Suburban Propane.
Upcoming blood donation opportunities May 1-26
- 5/2/2018: 10 AM – 4 PM, Ainsworth United Methodist Church, 310 N Woodward Street.
- 5/3/2018: 11:30 AM – 5:30 PM, Cherry County Fairgrounds 4H Building, 120 South Green Street.
- Broken Bow
- 5/2/2018: 8:30 AM – 2:30 PM, Elk’s Lodge, 825 S. 10th
- 5/15/2018: 12 PM – 6 PM, TEAM Physical Therapy, PC- Broken Bow, 325 S. 1st Ave.
- 5/23/2018: 2 PM – 7 PM,Municipal Building, 3:14 S. 10th
- 5/11/2018: 9 AM – 3 PM, Community Center, 202 West Kimball
- 5/22/2018: 10:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Community Center, 305 Main St.
- 5/22/2018: 11:30 AM- 4:30 PM, Sacred Heart, 727 I St.
- 5/23/2018: 9 AM – 3 PM, Central Valley Auditorium, 310 N. Clair Street, PO Box 100
- 5/15/2018: 11:30 AM – 5:30 PM, United Methodist Presbyterian Church, 119 North Spruce St.
- 5/14/2018: 12 PM – 6 PM, Bullseye Building, 203 N. Grant Ave.
- 5/1/2018: 12 PM – 6 PM, Winters Building, 204 N. Main
- 5/1/2018: 9 Am- 3 PM, Valley County Health System Old Rehab Department, 217 Westridge Drive
- 5/8/2018: 9 AM – 3 PM, Ord High School, 18th and K street
- 5/15/2018: 11:30 AM – 5:30 PM, Wheeler Central High School, 600 Randolph St.