On Thursday, the transport of a memorial flag for a fallen firefighter was made possible by numerous sheriffs offices who answered the call to ensure the flag would be to Valentine, Nebraska for a level 2 funeral in time.
The Nebraska Serious Injury & Line of Duty Death Response Team assisted in the funeral by providing the memorial flags and want to thank all the following for their help to make sure the flag arrived from St. Paul to Valentine.
- Sheriff Thomas Busch – Howard County
- Sheriff David Weeks – Greeley County
- Sheriff Adrian Lindsay – Wheeler County
- Sheriff Benjamin Matchett – Holt County
- Sheriff James Anderson – Rock County
- Sheriff Bruce Papstein – Brown County
- Sheriff Russell Osburn – Cherry County
- Fire Chief Bradley Fiala – Ainsworth Volunteer Fire Department